October 2017 Meeting Minutes
June 2017 Meeting Minutes
October 2016 Meeting Minutes
Call meeting to order
September 2016 Meeting Minutes
June 2016 Meeting Minutes
September 2015 Meeting Minutes
We are starting walk-a-thon expenses which are seen on the report. We made the signs for the hallways, which was another expense. Shoparoo made around $184.
Ms Kent - Academics report - We are rockin so far. The kids are doing fantastic so far this week. We are a very positive, high energy school. The first round of assessments are starting now and will go through the next few weeks. We are acquiring baseline data on the students to see where our growth is throughout the year. This information is passed onto the state. Any questions about skyward can be directed through the tech department. We have an amazing group of teachers!! There is a special ed millage coming up in November that is coming up. It is a MOISD thing. Keep it in mind!! It helps us alot.
Deater - some teachers had asked about Moby Max. We believe we did subscribe to that, so it should be available to them. The mats for the cricket in the work room are not sticky anymore, Amber will take care of this.
Our “one ask” major fundraiser is the Walk-a-thon. This is our one and only fundraiser for the year. Last year we raised over $16,000. We are hoping to go above and beyond again this year. Walk-a-thon website: thegetmovincrew.com. Last year 70% of our pledges came from a mobile device, and the website is now mobile device friendly. So the look of the webpage has changed a little, but it works the same as before. Teachers can pull their class page up in the classroom. It is more user friendly, but if anyone has any problems, pass them on to us!
Corporate sponsors last year raised $3300 between both schools, we already have over $2000 this year! Corporate sponsors will receive recognition at the event. Alot of the money from this event funds field trips. Letters about the walk-a-thon will go home tomorrow. We have new incentives this year. Kick off assembly is Sept. 10 at 8:30 am. Megan is going to be our Pete the Cat for our assembly. The end assembly/closing ceremony will be Oct. 15 at 2 pm. There will be a small event for those who cannot participate on the day of the event that will take place at the end assembly. We would be more than happy to have any help with this event. Direct any questions you hear to us!
We are getting a gaga pit! Yay! We bought a 30 ft. pit, with bumpers and 3 balls. We are doing this for the upper el kids. We are still waiting on the other new structure going in on the playground.
Field Trips - there is a new form for the teachers to fill out for us, so we can get a better grip on our budget. We are hoping to continue paying for all field trips.
We have been asked if we would be willing to purchase an ice machine to help out the front desk. Kim found one from Sam’s Club for $99. We will approve one if not donated.
Bylaws - we are going to readdress this after the walk-a-thon
Box tops/Labels - Amber - Bonus box tops are going again. Amber will check to make sure each classroom has a collection box. Our goal is around 105 boxtops per student. We have another idea for boxtop fundraisers - the basketball game competition through Ferris. They had all or nothing competition with another district close by. Boxtop deadlines are every few months, but Amber handles all of that. Becky takes care of the Labels for Education which is a similar format to the boxtops. For Labels, we can order out of a catalog or get a visa gift card. Last year, we used that money to pay for the teachers lounge. We have discussed an apparel event for this year’s teacher appreciation. Emily has a connection with an Under Armour rep. Our first book fair will be in Oct. Mrs. Scheible had an idea about sending information out to parents about a cardinal shirt swap at the same time as the family dinner night/bookfair.
Homecoming - Will be the same day as the walk-a-thon. We put our float together Thursday night before the event, also cut fruit for the walk-a-thon. We do not know the theme yet for homecoming.
We will continue to do the wreaths, this is NOT a fundraiser!! We do this because we have so many people asking us for them. We sell them at cost, and do NOT make money on this event.
Let’s continue on our path, keep it positive!!
February 2015 Meeting Minutes
-After all other expenses, we paid out $40+ dollars for the Holiday shop, which is great! Money from Box Tops and Match Day as well. January was a pretty quiet month.
-Playground-Meeting on the 10th to go over playground info. We are anticipating being asked to pay for a structure of some sort on the playground. Ms. Kent prefers a K-2 unit and also a gaga pit. Are they considering eliminating anything on the playground?? There have been a lot injury's on the monkey bars.
Teacher Report - Mrs. Scheible
- Teachers needs - K could use another iPad to facilitate centers or in-class academic time.
-Field Trips-K, 2, & 3 are looking at field trips. K wants to go to The Childrens Museum in GR. 2 wants to go to a Nature center in Cedar Springs. 3 wants to go to a place in Howard City. 4 does a lot of little things in April/May usually.
-Scholastic resources and the catalog - the teacher are all looking at it. After the next book fair, we should be sitting on about $5000. K teachers looking at a listening center for the ipads, we should go ahead and order them now. They do not have ipads through scholastics however. Have not heard from some of the other teachers yet as to what they are interested in. We want to let the teachers know that we want to get these things for them, we don’t want them to be afraid to ask!! All the teachers got $250 and $1500 worth of books for classrooms and $1000 for the library. Want to do a reading night on the book fair night. Have a bigger book fair night and a dinner on March 18th. Do the center hall for the reading night. We can give a gift certificate to the book fair for the raffle. We ran the math night from 5:30 - 7:30 and will run the same times for the reading night.
-Super Teacher worksheets - we will not pair with Brookside
-Technology - 30 iPads for the cart, 10 iPads for K, and 5 Chromebooks
-We have bought 10 chromebooks but we have yet to see them. We are also waiting on the soccer nets, though we are waiting for the playground info to come back before moving forward.
-We have a logo for walk-a-thon sponsored items.
-Calling all Moms coming up.
-Dads day - Perhaps around St. Pattys “We’re lucky to have you” maybe with some shamrock cookies, etc.
-Movie night - Honors kids will have their sign up tomorrow, so we will know how many to expect. If we have enough, we can do a drop off event. Big Hero Six will be the movie.
-Book Fair - what are we gonna serve? We have done both nachos and spaghetti in the past. Walking tacos?? Our theme is something to do with music. We do not have to go through the school for the food. Nachos were a big hit last year. Ms. Kent may have an idea of how many we served. We did brownies for dessert last year, and it worked well. Let’s keep everything through the food service to keep things simple.
-We have qualified for a premium book fair this time around, so it will be bigger. It worked really well to have library cancelled for the week last time, we will shoot for that again.
-We will need to get the gym reserved and secure about 15 tables.
-Recycle week in April: Going to put a reminder on the board for ink cartridges. We are also going to do smencils, and markers as well. What about recycled batteries??
-Walk-a-thon - Ms. Kent has brought up the idea of a Read-a-thon. Would it be a conflict with our initial “one ask”?? We don’t want to confuse parents and the community about our “one ask.” Should we consider a Buffalo Wild Wings night?? Emily will call them and set up a meeting with the BWWs person. Mrs. Scheible will get us a reliable contact. Does Pizza Hut do a Book It?? Amber will look into the Book It. These will maybe be a better approach for this years reading month.
-We are also collecting Aunt Millie’s and Tysons labels.
Next Meeting March 4th at 6:30!
To instill in all Riverview students a healthy self-image, a love of learning and the desire to achieve their best in tomorrow's world.
January 2015 Meeting Minutes
Approval of December minutes
Teacher Report - Mrs. Defever
-Thanks to PTO and parents for everything you do! Teachers request for Super Teacher Worksheet. Last one done by Cathy Klarecki. Cheaper if both schools (with Brookside) do it. Maybe join together? Emily will contact Katie Thomas to see if they are interested. We did do it singly last year. $100 cheaper per school to do it together. Can use it now, will expire in May.
-Field trips for teachers - trying to encourage every teacher to take a field trip. Field trips have not taken as many recently because of low funds. Teachers are on board with getting it to happen.
Principal report - Ms. Kent
-Had a great end of year (2014). Everyone was very calm and tired yesterday! Reflex was not happening during Christmas break. Remember that it is a good tool when school is not in session.
-Cart and ipad airs come Monday. Looking to put apps onto the ipads to use. Title 1 school - when we buy reflex ($3000-4000), we need to show how we are using it and taking advantage of it.
-No other major happenings this month. Valentine party next month. New kitchen staff. Getting more chromebooks as well. Total of 36 ipads - 26 on the cart. Ms. Quinlan just got a projector and smartboard as well. We are very fortunate to have these technologies!!
-Holiday Shop - It was a little chaotic!! The company we went through has been a little difficult, we have not paid in yet. Though, we still be ahead though. Do we want to go through this company again? Maybe, just buy our own stuff from the Dollar Store, etc? The company we went through last year was of a better quality. Could we involve community members in terms of homemade scarves, pot holders, etc? Should we make everything $1 next year? Or a table for $1 and $5 items. Brookside does it that way, we should check with them to see what they do.
-Soccer Nets? - we will revisit again later
-Problem with BWW meals for walk-a-thon. We will probably need to just purchase the meals and hand them out. We have 46 that we need to hand out. Let’s just buy them for this year and will figure out a better plan for next year.
-Gaga pit - can we look at donations to get that going? What is going on with the playground? Draining issue with the playground - it will be in our best interest to wait.
-Something for Dads - a big sign like “You the Man”
-Calling all moms - a little celebration of moms that happens at Valentines Day.
-Calling all dads maybe in April? Doughnuts for Dads?
-Book Fair - week of March 16th. Book fair theme is Under the Sea. But the schools reading month theme will be different.
-Box Tops, etc - Just received check for $1800+ dollars!!! We collect them year round, so keep sending them in!!! Maybe release the amount we made at the end of the year.
-Next Movie Night - Feb. 13th?? Optometry students that need hours, could we do a Parents Night Out and leave the kids with the optometry students in the gym? Only school age kids then? Big Hero Six out Feb. 23. Could we reserve the gym and have a fun night there? Donations optional? Charity event? Angels of Action?
Let’s do February 27th movie night with Big Hero Six and charity donations for Angels of Action. Pre-register so we can see how many we will have? 98 people at the first movie night and we fit comfortably in our gym. Keep it here at Riverview.
-Teacher Appreciation Week - first week of May. The teachers would really like to see new chairs for the lounge. Can we redo the lounge?? We also have a bunch of labels points that we can use for gifts as well. Lounge wish list??
Next Meeting Feb. 4th!!
November 2014 Meeting Minutes
-Still working on incentives
-Brookside never came through with meals from BWW & Wendys
-Lunch with Ms. Kent - 18 kids - ride Dial-A-Ride $2 /student - inexpensive kids meals at BWW , have Big Red come and collect the kids, Nov. 19
-Homecoming also successful
-Box Tops - $1,800 coming Dec!!
-Book Fair - 500 less than this time last year, still good. We bought about 1000 in books for teachers/library
-Smencils - went over well, a little confusing having it next to the Book Fair
-Sucker questions? - some new laws to consider - regulations on snacks and etc. during school hours
-Change the dance party - make it bigger and better
-Definitely want to keep it inside - expand hours
-Keep it mostly the same, but a little bigger and better
-Keep it to the first Saturday in October
-Need to keep the momentum going into the second year
-Want to keep the parents in the know about what we want to do with the money raised from the walk-a-thon
-Hype up the prizes that were earned this year
-We don’t want to lose momentum going into the second year!!!
-Try to grow with incentives
-Will need to revamp our corporate letters and price points for next year
-Match Day - need people to cover 10-6. Takes place on November 11. takes place in a ballroom at the Holiday Inn. Miracle in Mecosta theme.
-Biggby night - November 10th. 4-7pm Coupons to pass out. Can also share on social media to spread the word.
- Movie Night - November 21 - show Mr. Peabody & Sherman - info to go out on Friday the 18th. To start at 6:30pm
-Holiday shop - Dec. 16-18 - same process as before. Will need people to man the shop througout the day. Want to sponsor those who cannot afford to shop.
-Wreath sales kicked off last week.
-Tyson chicken - 24 cents/label. Jar to collect labels will be in the office.
Want to send out an email to keep everyone informed as far as boxtops/labels/tyson/shoparoo. Have envelopes attached to the bulletin board so it is easy to have parents drop them.
-Grant writing team - Erin & Dave - working on grant writing to benefit the school.
-Recycle week - sometime in the spring to do a recycle week which could include funding factory, crayola, and smencils. Milk jugs in April. Some kind of treat reward with that. Have buckets for each in the school. Put up fun facts about recycling to put up on the board.
-March is reading month. Will also have book fair that month as well.
-Riverview Rocks shirt in the spring? Trophy & shirts place said he would donate shirts to class with the winning design. Perhaps doing shirts again in the fall. Put out a last call for T-shirt orders again as well.
-Back to Walk-a-Thon. Make it bigger!!
-Chrome books are a hot item around the school. Small laptop that runs the reflex math, reading and etc. Teachers use them all time.
-Put out a notice for Art volunteers?? Several parents may be able/willing to
volunteer for art time.
-The playground flooding issue should hopefully be covered by the sinking fund.
-We want to use the money for something visible, so everyone can see where the money goes.
-Gaga pit? Pictures of kids in the halls?
November 2014 Agenda
Next Meeting December 3rd @ 6:30!